61st Annual Meeting Venue and Travel Details
April 15-17, 2016 / Sheraton Downtown Dallas / Texas
Our meeting hotel is the Sheraton Downtown Dallas
Phone: (214) 922-8000 · Hotel Reservations: 888-627-8191
400 North Olive Street · Dallas, Texas, 75201
The Sheraton is easily accessible from DFW and Southwest's Love Field airports. In fact, inexpensive DART travel from the airports to the hotel is now available ($2.50).
The cut-off date for our negotiated price of $159 was Wednesday, March 23. If you wish to stay at the Sheraton, please call the hotel to make reservations. The rate will certainly be higher.
There are affordable hotels that are not too far away. To learn of options through Priceline, please select the image below:
The exponential growth of Dallas' Uptown, Downtown, and Arts districts can be attributed to a development plan that emphasizes walkability, arts, entertainment and dining opportunities in an environment that supports both work and play. Add to this free or inexpensive public transportation options, and the Sheraton becomes a great meeting venue for the Southwestern Chapter.
- There are over 20 recommended restaurants within walking distance of the Sheraton.
- The free M-Line trolley can take you to McKinney Street and Uptown.
- The free D-Link bus can take you to several nearby districts.
- DART can take you virtually anywhere you want to go in the city for $5.00.
Entertainment Possibilities for You and Your Family:
- Baltimore Orioles at Texas Rangers: Globe Life Park: 1000 Ballpark Way, Arlington, TX 76011, April 14-17, 2016
- San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks: American Airlines Center: 2500 Victory Avenue, Dallas, TX 75219 on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM
- Ben Folds: Majestic Theater: 1925 Elm Street, Dallas, TX 75201 on Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 8:00 PM
- The Used: House of Blues Dallas: 2200 N. Lamar Street, Dallas, TX 75202 on Friday, April 15, 2016 at 8:00 PM
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Opus 100 – Olivier Latry: Meyerson Symphony Center: 2301 Flora St, Dallas, TX 75201, on Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 2:30 PM
- Ellie Goulding with Years & Years: Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie: 1001 Performance Place, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 on Monday, April 18, 2016 at 7:00 PM
- Dallas Museum of Art
- Nasser Sculpture Center
- Crow Collection of Asian Art
- Dallas World Aquarium
- Dallas City Performance Hall